Saturday 24 July 2010

At Long Last - Eyelash Enhancers


(Images sourced from Google Images - skinstore.com)

As much as I favour being a woman and all the girly perks that come with it, there are a few things that I envy of men. Don’t get me wrong there are one (or two!) things I definitely count my blessings for having missed out on by being female but aside from the very small amount of time it takes for them to style their hair, their pert tiny bottoms and their avoidance of monthly bloating, I very much envy that so many of the male species have lovely long, thick eyelashes. It just isn’t fair!

Well move over jealousy and enter RapidLash!! A new lash enhancing serum from Boots ‘that conditions your lashes to look longer, fuller and stronger in as few as 8 weeks’, and all at an affordable high-street price (£39.99). Finally!!

Now I have always been a fan of luscious lashes and began having extensions applied from the age of 17. Semi-permanent 3D lashes were my life-line for a while and I still consider them a great investment however their beauty comes at a fairly high price (one that is slightly too costly for a poor student unfortunately). Although I was lucky enough for the beauty queen to send me Emily, a mobile beauty therapist who offers lash extensions at unbeatable prices and her application of them is incredible!! I have never tried the do-it-yourself lashes that you can buy from Poundland or the like just because I am very funny about eyes and would fear gluing mine together but for those of you who have been brave enough to test them and liked them, I can assure you lash extensions would change your world!


(My holiday photo with eyelash extensions)

After an hour and a quarter of laying with your eyes shut you awake to a fuller, brighter, dramatic and down-right gorgeous set of blinkers. No longer do you have to fiddle with mascara (a pet hate of mine as my application skills are dire!), you wake up looking fully made-up and when on holiday you are the Eva Longoria around the pool looking immaculate even after a dip. Trust me, they are fantastic!

But now girls we have the chance of achieving naturally longer, fuller and thicker lashes without the need for glue or cosmetic treatments. RapidLash is one of the few new lash enhancing products introduced to us this summer and holds ingredients designed to ‘replenish and strengthen the structure of lashes, while adding shine and elasticity’. It just takes one application a day before bedtime to the base of the upper and lower lash line.

Other treatments with the same aim have also been introduced to the beauty scene but at much higher prices such as those featured in Elle’s March issue in a great tried and tested article. But this is the god-send we’ve all been waiting for.

At last we have a recovery aid for the stress our lashes endure what with make-up, removers, curlers and tints, not to mention the everyday occurrence of finding them on your pillow, cheek and clothing. We can now compete with the likes of Kate Moss and Jessica Alba who expertly advertise the newest faux Loreal or Rimmel mascara that supposedly gives you a ‘False lash effect’ when it is so obviously clear that the celebs are sporting lash inserts and are therefore in on the scamming mascara scheme.

So move over Miss Moss, men and models and watch as we grow, lengthen and flutter towards the extinction of Girls Aloud DIY inserts and vibrating mascaras. Quite the revolution I’d say.

2 comments:

  1. I so feel your pain! I wanna get eyelash inserts done soon but I don't know where to go ): I've used L'Oreal's Lash Serum, and my eyelashes grew so much, looooved it! I saw someone on Youtube who used RapidLash, and their eyelashes fell out though, eeeek :|
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there's always someone that is an exception to the rule and doesn't get on with a product! I've heard nothing but great comments about it and can't wait to try it :-) The L'oreal one sounds good though if they made your lashes grow lots, how much was that one do you know? The woman that I get mine done with is a mobile therapist from stevenage and she's excellent!! x x x x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx