Thursday 1 December 2011

A director in the making...

A shameless plug post but I know some of you are film fanatics or study film and media at uni so I just wanted to introduce you to my brother. He's a first year at Farnham University of Creative Arts and is a whizz with anything technology-related. He has made a short film documenting regular drug use - however he has used an indirect and intelligent metaphor in the form of tea to represent substance abuse.

It's really well put together and is a brilliant example of his potential - who knows we might have a future famous film director in the family!

I know this isn't what you'd usually find on my blog but I wanted to share it with you (plus I know he'd love to have feedback so leave him lots of comments). He has also recently set up a blog which can be found here - go and say hi! :)

From Tom:

"Addictea’d is a short film based on the effects caused by regular drug abuse. We decided to use a metaphoric technique which is why the character is drinking tea; this represents the drug that he is so dependent on. The film ends leaving the question, 'did he die?' The audience can then decide for themselves what happens and create their own ending. This film was produced to explore continuity and was shot in Farnham University of Creative Arts."

(Excuse the language girls!)



Visit his channel here for more short films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx