Sunday 20 May 2012

Lipstick tints

P1030586
£9
You may or may not have noticed that I've changed my introductory message (on the right). It now reads 'fashion journalism graduate'! Yes that's right, I am no longer a student!! I may not technically be a graduate yet, as my graduation isn't until November - late huh? - but all assignments are complete, my lease is finished on my little flat and I'm all moved in back home! Now to find a job and enter the real grown-up world of work, mortgages, and responsibility...

But whilst I figure all that out, I have more time to blog. Yay! To start with I wanted to share with you my new found love of lipstick tints. After Topshop launched their Sister's of the New Moon Collection and unveiled Crystal - a bubblegum pink liptint flecked with glitter - I had to get my hands on it. I love the idea of it being a lipstick, but opposed to having a strong pigment colour, it is more of a nourishing gloss that adds a glimmer of pink upon application. It also reacts to each wearer's lips, creating a unique colour for everyone. It is so pretty, fun and girly - plus practical! You don't need a mirror to apply it and can treat is as a lip balm or gloss.

P1030580
P1030584
£7.19 (Boots are doing buy one get one half price)

With this being a limited edition item, it took me a while to find, and in the mean-time I discovered a similar alternative in Maybelline's new Popsticks. These combine gorgeous glossy finishes, a hint of colour, good quality packaging with the most delicious fruity fragrances ever!! I now have three - Pink Lollipop, Crystal Pink and Citrus Slice - and they all glide on so smoothly with a beautiful sheer finish. If you prefer a strong, noticeable lip shade then these won't be for you. But as I have fairly naturally dark lips, a light gloss or pop of colour is perfect for me! I would recommend buying them just for the smell!

Ensure to swatch these - you'll be surprised at how they come out!

P1030588
Also, if you haven't been able to get hold of the now sold out Topshop liptint, Maybelline's Crystal Pink is a very close dupe! Just with an added bonus of fruity fragrance!

I've also got my first MAC lipstick shade from the SHOP MAC limited edition collection, and a Rimmel shade from the Kate Moss Spring collection coming up!

3 comments:

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx