Saturday 16 July 2011

Dior Delight

137

141

139
A week of pure relaxation, over indulgence and a lot of zzzzzzzzzz in Skiathos last week was kick started at the airport with a little "I deserve this" treat. Having exhausted my usual L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara (Extra Black) I was on the hunt for a newbie, and what better place to make a purchase than duty free!

I chose Dior's Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curling Mascara for two reasons; one, for the brush. For me, since converting to a silicone wand there is no going back. As well as the incredibly soft feel of the Dior brush, its teeny bristles are so fine and I thought this would be ideal for successfully separating each lash. Secondly, it is blacker than black and as a falsies (well extensions) fan this is the look I love!

I've also never used Dior cosmetics before and although a little pricey at £18 (VAT free price, normally retailing at £21) I was on holiday and what harm does a splurge every now and again do?!

So what did I think? This is officially my number one favourite mascara! I never curl my lashes but using this creates a great curling effect, helped by the products' unique lifting formula that holds and defines each lash - I did some research if you couldn't tell :) It is also really easy to reach and cover all lashes, even the tiny ones in the corners, and the application is so soft you can barely feel it (opposed to mascaras that catch your lashes or feel gloopy and clumpy when applying). The dark tone creates a glamorous look that completely transforms my eyes from drab to fab. It is the closest masacara to creating that 'false-lash effect' all the celebs harp on about in the adverts.

The only downside is that I have been used to the excess wiper feature with the L'Oreal product and find that a fair amount of the product collects on the nib of the wand. This can obviously be removed via tissues or a cotton bud but sometimes leaves a lovely blob around my eye instead! This can certainly be avoided though.

Hope you find this useful if you are aimlessly pondering the hundreds of mascaras out there!

Ps, I have no affiliations with Dior nor have I been asked to do this review, I simply found a fabulous make-up bag essential and thought I would share it with you.

144

181

1 comment:

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx