Tuesday 25 September 2012

A perfect end to the summer

P1030681

P1030680

As briefly mentioned in my last post, I went on holiday last week. Seven days in Lanzarote with my best friend as a treat for graduating n'all (speaking of which I have a grad-present post coming soon! {despite still not having technically graduated...November's crazily late huh?!}). Anyway it was a very relaxed week of  sunbathing, dipping in the pool and reading/gossiping/eating ice creams etc. All the norm holiday-y things, and all of which make me very happy - especially when combined with mid-thirties heat! Gorgeous!

But now it's back to the norm, and by norm I mean job-hunting/trying to sort my life out. Hum-drum-drum. You can imagine my sadness when we touched down at Stansted, knowing that this is what followed the vaca. In addition...it's raining, cold and Autumn is well on it's way. I actually LOVE this season and would usually welcome it with open arms, but I want to show off my tan! So please warm up weather so I can at least sport pretty sandals. Not ready for coat-wearing yet.

Whilst away (well at the airport) I treated myself to a few beauty picks included Benefit's Boi-ing Concealer, Maxfactor's new Eye-Brightening Mascara in Brown, and an OPI varnish from the new collection that I've fallen head over heels in love with...so much so that it deserves its very own post so I'll save that for another time.

The concealer (in No 2) is my all-time favourite with a beautifully smooth texture that's thick enough to cover every sin, under-eye circle and spot, creating a flawless look! At £16.50 for a pot that lasts me about three-months, it is definitely a staple buy.

P1030676

P1030678

As a mascara junkie, I am always willing to try the latest, so when I saw Maxfactor's new offering for £4.99 in Boots (RRP £7.99), I thought I'd give it a whirl! It claims to brighten your natural colour with light reflecting particles and gem-toned colour beads which enrich the eye. It is available in three shades - blue, green and brown - I opted for brown.

Having used it for the week I was away, I was impressed with the defined, lengthened and separated lash-look the product created, and the formula is a dark black, which I love. The brush is also a plus for me, being silicone, slim and sporting multiple sized bristles that make it easy to reach the corners. However, I didn't notice any difference in the brightness of my eye colour. I was somewhat dubious about this promise to begin with so wasn't too disappointed, but it's a great product for times when you want a quick, no-fuss application - although it doesn't create much volume for those of you who like the false-effect look (me included!). 

How are you all adjusting to the season transition? Summer-blues anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx