Saturday 13 August 2011

Scented Varnish

DSCF1774[1]

Thanks to the kind treats the team at Fabulous Mag handed me on my last day there this April I discovered something I didn’t know existed. Scented nail varnish! Now as you know I have somewhat of a penchant for varnishes at the moment and have been experimenting with new colours and looks.

One of Rimmel’s new scented range was amongst my goodies and what a gorgeous colour it is. As a coral lover Mad About Mango is officially my new fav, and it’s a perfect shade for the summer. Colour aside though (which is a light, pinky coral) its scent is amazing! It only releases the tutti-fruity flavour once applied to the nails so sniffing the bottle is certainly not recommended, unless you like the potent smell of nail varnish that is! The only downside is that you do look a tad strange when your nails smell so good because if you are like me, you will find it hard to resist smelling them.

DSCF1773[1]

Unfortunately the scent doesn’t last more than a couple of days but I was very impressed with the quality of the varnish and its consistency. It needs two or three coats as most do but it lasted about five days before any chipping appeared. A good brush and thin-ish varnish makes for a really good finish I find, especially topped with a glossy top coat.

I loved the idea of a scented varnish so much that I bought another last weekend called Passion Fruit. It’s a lovely plum, berry shade with a (yes you guessed it) passionfruit scent! There were other colours in the range which included a lime green, a metallic blue and a hot pink. I guess they all come with their own scent too. You could even mix two together and see what you can make.

As gorgeous as they are, just be careful you don’t smell your nails too much as you may draw a few odd looks! Ooh and they retail at £4.99 which is more affordable than buying my usual OPI treats. SO that equals a happy me!

DSCF1775[1]


085


066


Ps, I was so excited when I saw ELLE featuring Mad About Mango and at the time I was wearing the colour whilst flying to Skiathos!!

2 comments:

  1. You have such a cute blog! & that passion fruit polish is beautiful! xx

    Hello Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) it's so yummy! x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx