Thursday 18 October 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain

P1040146
P1040153
P1040149
P1040154
I was recently asked what my favourite beauty product is and whilst I could never pick just one, currently the number one contended is Revlon's Just Bitten Chubby Sticks. A brilliant dupe of the Clinique Chubbies, these crayon-like stains are my ideal lip product - I only wish I'd found them sooner!

The firm, shapely product allows for great precision and glides on smoothly, leaving a high-shine gloss. As the formula intends, this actually stains your lips, and the more you apply (the shine wears off, as does some of the colour so I tend to re-apply every 3 or 4 hours) the stronger the staining.

They have a scent which I'm not actually a lover of. It's minty fresh but reminds me of the fragrance most 'plumping' lip products hold, and I've never liked a tingly plumper! However this is really only apparent during application so don't be put-off. You won't be walking around with a chewing gum aroma under your nose all day.

Now on to the colours - DON'T go by the packaging or sticker colours, they are COMPLETELY different when actually used. Take for example Lovesick, a scarily vibrant plum package that would be way too garish for me, but when applied it's actually a purple-based magenta that I would describe as a dark-pink opposed to a bright.  So don't be fooled by the tube.

To summarize...I love a good lip stain. And these are what you call a good lip stain. Moisturising, glossy, easy to use, good staying power, smooth texture, hydrating and it comes as a chubby stick! Who doesn't love a nostalgic chubby reminding you of childhood days spent drawing with chunky crayons?!

And at £7.99, they're certainly giving the Clinique Chubbies some competition. Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx