Wednesday 18 August 2010

Updates: Elle's Top 10 Key Pieces for A/W...The Highstreet Versions

Together with my fashion bible that is the wonder of ELLE (my secret source to all the hot new trends!) came a fab little accessory named ‘The Runway Edit’ in the current September issue [BUY IT HERE]. A pull-out filled to the brim with all the trends and shows that the team loved for this A/W along with sneak-peeks and juicy stories from the catwalks! Ahh ELLE, how you make fashion lovers lives so easy....

I like learning of the new season’s must-haves in an easy ‘picture-title’ manner, displaying an image of what the piece is, how to wear it and its description...simples! And ELLE masters this every month in an oh so adored collage-style layering of catwalk models donning the latest desirables and a big look-at-me heading.

And once again they have put a smile on my face by including a very plain, no-fuss-needed double page spread on ‘Top 10 Key Pieces for Autumn/Winter 2010’. With a chic and stylish image and numbered trend titles, ELLE has provided me and thus you with a perfect low-down of what we should be buying this season. And here they are...

1. Hold-ups
2. Long skirts
3. Chunky knits
4. Tapered Trousers
5. Aviator jackets
6. Camel coats
7. Teddy-bear coats
8. Lace
9. Capes
10. Evening trousers

(Listing taken from ELLE’s ‘The Runway Edit’)

So what are we gonna do now we know that seductive hold-ups, floor-grazing skirts and Chloe styles capes are the essentials to be wearing?? Well we’re going to empty our purses and scour the shops of course! But for those of you who join me in not yet being quite affluent enough to say hello to the shop assistants at Burberry or Prada (one day...) I have pulled out the best high-street versions from ELLE’s top ten list. No need to thank me...♥


(Images taken from websites 1. Topshop £6, 2. Miss Selfridge £20, 3. River Island £34.99, 4. Topshop £38, 5. Oasis £150, 6. Topshop £80, 7. Topshop 85, 8. Miss Selfridge £20, 9. Warehouse £75, 10. River Island £29.99)

Let’s just hope we don’t bump into each other wearing the same key pieces (cringe!)!

Ps, Does anyone know where I can find a nice tan belt and a black one too? I'm in desperate need of them! Keep your comments coming, I love love love hearing from you...

2 comments:

  1. great edit, LOVE the aviator!

    Fab blog, definitely be back! :) Come follow TBAG if you fancy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :-) I have followed TBAG, way ahead of you. I had a browse and loved it! Do you have any tips for getting into freelancing or into Elle at all as I read your 'About us' section and am soooo jealous of what you've both achieved?? x x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx