Monday, 13 September 2010

Essentials: A Bed Notebook and Pen!





(Images sourced from weheartit.com)

Of late I've had so much on mind, mainly things I need to do before I go back to uni in two weeks but also how I could improve my blog, how to increase my portfolio and published work, the need to sort out more work experience and basically always being one step ahead of myself to get everything done. I've even got a pile of magazines I want to have read before I go back. How sad is that? And since when did my enjoyment of reading YOU and Elle turn into super speedy reading in order to tick another completed one off my list?

The worst thing about times like these is that when I go to bed, a time to unwind and rejuvenate ready for tommorrow, my annoying mind won't stop racing and frustratingly my best thoughts and ideas seem to surface at a time when I really need a rest from it all. It seems to come so easy to me at 1am though and I have to grab my trustee notebook before the thought is lost within my dreams of the night.

But more ideas just add to my forever spinning mind. Do you ever feel like your brain is just working constantly and you've got a million and one things to do with so little time to do it in?

I suppose I better get used to this because if I find it hard to control and compartmentalise my article ideas and contacts now, imagine what it will be like when I'm actually in a journalism profession with deadlines and a team that's relying on me?? Ughh nightmare!!

I'm not a great coper when it comes to stress and worry, as when I'm feeling like that I only think of more things to add to my reasons of panic! I should really concentrate on the good things but with writing, I feel like every minute of the day counts and should be used and that I've already wasted way too many! I look at articles and think 'why didn't I think of that?'. And that I should be writing features and articles much more frequently...but what do I write about? Who would want to publish it? Will a publication ever want to pay me for my words???

Aghh it's just one of them days...

4 comments:

  1. Very important indeed. Of course I love blogging, and my Blackberry helps me a lot with scheduling. But nothing can replace a notebook and all colors of pens. I just love doodling :p I can't go anywhere without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I'm forever making to do lists in my little notebook and it holds all my key ideas so I don't forget them - I'd cry if I ever lost it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, love love your pictures they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures too! Thank you for your comment. Do you take these youself? They're so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx