Wednesday 15 September 2010

Essentials: Weekend Breaks


(Images sourced from glebecountryhouse.co.uk)

Taking a break is so important. I’m not talking about elevensies or a kit-kat break those of you workaholic readers! Time away, a chance to recuperate, rest and relax. Whether it’s a spa day, a holiday in the sun or simply an afternoon on the sofa with a book, a break does you wonders.

My boyfriend and I go on regular weekends away, just to get away from everyday routine and spend time together where it’s not necessary to say goodnight at the door, or divide time between his house and mine.

We’ve covered York for our first valentines, Southend for a cheesy weekend, Milton Keynes for a Christmas shopping spree, Oxford for a Cambridge-esque trip, Dorset to visit my family, Portsmouth to escape from the confinement of my first year uni room and Norwich for New Year. A fair few but do you know my secret to a lovely yet inexpensive trip...?

Premier Inn’s £29 a night deal! Booking more than three weeks in advance is the easiest condition to comply with when you’re getting such a good deal at the end of it! They are lov-arley hotels! Some may say basic but a huge comfy double, a flat screen tv, a bubbly bath or power shower and a restaurant right next door all make for a very happy stay in my opinion.


But this weekend coming we are trying to manoeuvre away from Premier and try somewhere different. We are off to Thetford Forest and staying at a beautiful B&B called The Glebe Country House. For £65 a night including a big breakfast, and only 3 miles from the forest, we snapped up quite a bargain (not a patch on £29 a night but I’m sure the surroundings, character and stature of the house will make the extra pounds well worth it). Bike rides, pub lunches and walks in the forest are what I have in store.

I’m hoping I can practise what I preach and the time away will help me to relax a bit. As I mentioned before, when it comes to turning off the light my head buzzes with article ideas and the like and I’m finding it soooo difficult to sleep of late.

Let’s just hope the natural surroundings and forestry air don’t have the opposite effect and inspire me, I’m not sure whether that would be good or bad?!?

Ps, If you'd like any destination or accommodation recommendations don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my very best...x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear from you so leave a comment if you wish and I'll get back to you. Thank you xx